Swimming Pools Shaped Like US States
It was fashionable for several decades in the 20th century to install custom in-ground swimming pools -- shaped like cowboy boots, animals, airplanes. Music celebrities enjoyed diving into guitar or piano-shaped bodies of water. And pools shaped like US states appeared -- at least in the states with eclectic shapes (if Kansas, North Dakota or Colorado were building them, no one noticed).
Here is our incomplete list of swimming pools shaped like states:
1. Alabama Veterans Memorial Park, Anniston, AL
2. At the Governor's mansion, 1108 South Perry St., Montgomery, AL
3. Governor's House Hotel, 2705 East South Boulevard, Montgomery, AL
Cypress Gardens, 2641 S Lake Summit Dr, Winter Haven, FL. Constructed for the 1951 MGM musical "Easy to Love," starring Esther Williams.
Cave Spring Pool, Rolater Park Cave Spring, GA. Outside Rome, World's Largest Natural Springs Swimming Pool - 1 1/2 acres.
Best Western, Fergus Falls -- Formerly a Holiday Inn. Just off I-94.
Holiday Inn Express, 12381 Felch St., Holland, MI
Holiday Trav-L-Park, 601 Halligan Dr., North Platte, NE
At the Governor's mansion, not open to the public, 2 blocks east of the State Capitol, Oklahoma City, OK.
1. Big Texan Motel , 7701 I-40 E., Amarillo, TX (in photo above)
2. Riverside Place Apartments, 300 E. Riverside Dr., Austin, TX
3. Texas Pool, Plano Parkway and 15th St., Plano, TX
4. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, 17000 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX
5. Waxahachie, TX