Rouleau, Saskatchewan, Canada: Dog River - Corner Gas TV Town
Town was reshaped as the shooting location of popular Canadian TV comedy that ran from 2004-2009. Gas station still stands.
Dog River - Corner Gas TV Town
Visitor Tips and News About Dog River - Corner Gas TV Town
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A 3 year old CTV hit comedy called "Corner Gas" is filmed largely in Rouleau, Saskatchewan, just southeast of Moose Jaw and southwest of Regina at the intersection of Highways 39 and 714. The gas station and "The Ruby" were built in the little town of Rouleau for this purpose.
Downtown you find the Foo ART (Food Mart), the Police station (which houses the information center), the Hotel, and if you drive around town you see the houses you might recognize on the show. The show is so popular in Canada that the town has painted "Dog River" on their elevator.
If you visit on a weekend while the actors are not working, you can get close and look around.
[Jan Fower, 01/22/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Muffler Man, Levuka, SK, Canada - 21 mi.
- Mac, the World's Largest Moose, Moose Jaw, SK, Canada - 30 mi.
- Big Indian Head, Indian Head, SK, Canada - 59 mi.
- In the region: Big Coffee Pot, Davidson, SK, Canada - 88 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Saskatchewan Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Coffee Pot, Davidson, Saskatchewan
- Snowman - Blizzard Capital, Kenaston, Saskatchewan
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Gopherville, Langenburg, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips