Volcano, Big Island, Hawaii: Pele's Cursed Tourist Rocks
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Cursed Tourists Display
Visitor Tips and News About Pele's Cursed Tourist Rocks
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Madame Pele, the volcano goddess, curses anyone who takes lava out of Hawaii. Inside the entrance building to the Kilauea Military Camp, which is inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, visitors can see a large display case filled with pieces of lava along with letters and "forgiveness gifts" from very sorry people who ignored the curse -- and paid the price.
This "tough love" display shows what can happen to those who take a lump of lava out of Hawaii as a souvenir. Don't you make the same mistake.
Also here: a guest book signed by President Eisenhower!
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/21/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Volcano Steam Vents, Volcano, Big Island, HI - < 1 mi.
- Raelian UFO Peace Park, Volcano, Big Island, HI - 5 mi.
- Lava Tree State Monument, Pahoa, Big Island, HI - 23 mi.
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center, Keanu, Big Island, HI - 23 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 19, 2013
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- Cigar Store Alien, Hawi, Big Island, Hawaii
- Whalers Village Sperm Whale Skeleton, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Whale-Shaped Pool, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Hand Carved Statues, Old Hawaiian Village, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Dairy Store, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Big Chairs, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- Graceland Too, Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Apple Boy, High Rolls - Mountain Park, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips