Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii: Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook
RoadsideAmerica.com Team Field Report
- Napoopoo Rd, Captain Cook, Big Island, HI
- Requires long walk over loose rocks; wear hiking shoes and bring a walking stick. At Captain Cook bear right (if heading south) from Hwy 11 onto Napoopoo Road (Kealakekua Bay) and quickly park along the road. Walk downhill. You'll see a rock wall on the left, which is part of a fancy house up the hill. Immediately opposite the wall's driveway and mailboxes is the entrance to the trail, on the right side of Napoopoo Road, which has been mowed through the tall grass. Walk down to the ocean, bearing left at the bottom to the Captain Cook Monument. Budget at least three hours to walk there and back.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook
Visitor Tips and News About Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We visited the site by kayaking in the bay. It was an amazing outing, with dolphins swimming around us. I recommend going very early before the tourist excursion boats go.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Pu'uhonua - Place of Refuge, Honaunau, Big Island, HI - 4 mi.
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, HI - 7 mi.
- World's Most Scenic Urinal, Kealakekua, Big Island, HI - 10 mi.
- In the region: Raelian UFO Peace Park, Volcano, Big Island, HI - 49 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- Cigar Store Alien, Hawi, Big Island, Hawaii
- Whalers Village Sperm Whale Skeleton, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Whale-Shaped Pool, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Hand Carved Statues, Old Hawaiian Village, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips