Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii: Whalers Village Museum - Whale Skeleton
Small museum about whaling and the local whaling village. Now the village harpoons tourists! Look for the sperm whale skeleton at the entrance to the shopping area.
- 2435 Kaanapali Parkway, #H6, Lahaina, Maui, HI
- North of Lahaina on Hwy 30, exit a Kaanapali Pkwy and head west, after Leilanis, museum is on left.
- Daily 10 am - 6 pm. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Whalers Village Sperm Whale Skeleton
Visitor Tips and News About Whalers Village Museum - Whale Skeleton
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It costs $3 to park for 30 minutes in Whalers Village, so to get a little more bang out of your buck, have your parking ticket validated at the museum. Admission for the museum is $3, which you'd be spending to park anyway. We were happy to pay the museum instead of the parking garage, and the added bonus was two additional hours of parking, which allowed us to wander around the shops a little longer!
[Beth Grafft, 06/29/2012]
Whalers Village Museum
In the Whalers Village Shopping Center there is a small Whaling museum with exhibits on the areas whaling village of the late 1800's. Also at the entrance to the shopping village there is a full sperm whale skeleton.
[David Kamada, 09/17/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Whale-Shaped Pool, Lahaina, Maui, HI - < 1 mi.
- The Great Buddha, Lahaina, Maui, HI - 3 mi.
- Hand Carved Statues, Old Hawaiian Village, Lahaina, Maui, HI - 3 mi.
- Gravity Hill, Wailuku, Maui, HI - 10 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 10, 2013
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- The Painted Church, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue, Kapaau, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue #2, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Eternal Flame War Memorial, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Elvis Aloha Statue, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips