Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada: Magnetic Hill
Defying the laws of gravity and common sense, vehicles appear to roll backwards up a hill.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Magnetic Hill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I'm from Moncton, and the attraction was much better when you didn't have to pay, and all there was was a dirt road, and a sign explaining what to do. It does feel like your car is rolling uphill. Forget the explanations and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out the Papal Visit Site, from when Pope John Paul 2 was here in 1984.
[Denise Dominix, 06/11/2006]
The hill itself is no different than any other gravity hill, but the extent to which it has been exploited is unique. It costs a three dollar "toll" to roll up the hill (but it's three Canadian dollars, so it isn't that bad). There's not just a gift shop, but a little shopping area with several gift shops and snack bars. On the same property or nearby are a zoo, a water park, a school, a small amusement park, a golf course, and an apartment complex, most of which bear the Magnetic Hill name. Slanted trees have produced a mini-Mecca!
The gift shop has signs and postcards that explain how the hill works, which I'd expect would cut down on repeat visits.
[Craig S. Thom, 07/12/2002]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Resurgo - Zombie Ship Captain, Moncton, NB, Canada - 6 mi.
- World's Largest Lobster, Shediac, NB, Canada - 17 mi.
- Hopewell Rocks, Walk Into the Bay of Fundy, Hopewell Cape, NB, Canada - 26 mi.
- In the region: Blueberry Man, Oxford, NS, Canada - 56 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Brunswick Latest Tips and Stories
- Hopewell Rocks, Walk Into the Bay of Fundy, Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick
- Resurgo - Zombie Ship Captain, Moncton, New Brunswick
- Resurgo - Doomed Ship Captain, Moncton, New Brunswick
- Giant Brick, Saint John, New Brunswick
- Tidal Bore Park, Moncton, New Brunswick
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips