Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
March 26, 2009
Frank Bates let us know his Airstream Ranch, Dover Florida, will be the sole subject of a hearing open to the public tomorrow in a Tampa courthouse. The Airstream Ranch, a line of Airstream trailers upended a la Cadillac Ranch, has been under attack as an illegal eyesore by a couple of irate neighbors and local government since it was first erected in early 2008. In the meantime, the Ranch has become a popular highway landmark.
The appeal against the decision to remove the ranch will be considered at 11:30 am and should last about an hour.
Friday, March 27, 2009 11:30 am Edgecomb Courthouse, 800 East Twiggs St., Tampa, FL
Update: The hearing was held, and three judges are deliberating on the appeal and the fate of the Airstream Ranch.
Bates RV Exchange
- 4656 Mcintosh Rd, Dover, FL
- Bates RV Exchange. I-4 exit 14, southwest corner. Park in the Bates RV lot, tell them why you're there, then follow the golf cart path from the back to Airstream Ranch, which extends along the south side of the interstate.
- Daylight hours. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
4 Responses to “Airstream Ranch: Public Hearing Mar. 27”
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man