Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
March 26, 2009
Frank Bates let us know his Airstream Ranch, Dover Florida, will be the sole subject of a hearing open to the public tomorrow in a Tampa courthouse. The Airstream Ranch, a line of Airstream trailers upended a la Cadillac Ranch, has been under attack as an illegal eyesore by a couple of irate neighbors and local government since it was first erected in early 2008. In the meantime, the Ranch has become a popular highway landmark.
The appeal against the decision to remove the ranch will be considered at 11:30 am and should last about an hour.
Friday, March 27, 2009 11:30 am Edgecomb Courthouse, 800 East Twiggs St., Tampa, FL
Update: The hearing was held, and three judges are deliberating on the appeal and the fate of the Airstream Ranch.
- 4656 Mcintosh Rd, Dover, FL
- Tampa RV. I-4 exit 14, southwest corner. Continue past RV entrance to stoplight and turn right onto US 92, go 1/4 mile and take a right onto Castlewood Rd. 1/2 mile, ranch is on left.
- Daylight hours. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
4 Responses to “Airstream Ranch: Public Hearing Mar. 27”
- The Do Nothing Machine
- Florida Forbids: Anthropomorphic Alligators
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art