Time Bandits pirate ship sails Big Bear Lake
The Time Bandit, a 1/3-scale replica of a 17th-century English three-masted galleon, is now sailing the waters of Big Bear Lake, CA.
The ship, built by a father and son team over nearly ten years, was used as a prop in numerous music videos and Terry Gilliam's 1981 film Time Bandits, hence its name. Formerly berthed at the San Diego Maritime Museum, it has been re-launched in Big Bear Lake as tourist attraction and cruise boat.
The Big Bear Lake Resort Association has spiced up The Time Bandit's image by labeling it "an authentic pirate ship" and advertising its live entertainment, cocktails and refreshments, and "crew of authentic pirates."[06/21/1998]
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- May 15: Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Apr 30: Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Apr 24: Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Apr 17: Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- Apr 8: The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Apr 5: Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man