Big Bear Lake, California: Time Bandits Movie Pirate Ship - Sunk
The pirate ship crewed by midgets in the 1981 movie directed by Terry Gilliam is afloat here for daily cruises. The ship sank in a storm in early March 2014, but its owners say it will be afloat and open for the summer.
- 398 Edgemoor Rd, Big Bear Lake, CA
- On the south shore of Big Bear Lake, at Holloway's Marina. From Hwy 18, take Edgemoor Rd north.
- Sank early March 2014. (Call to verify)
- Tour charge.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Time Bandits Movie Pirate Ship
Visitor Tips and News About Time Bandits Movie Pirate Ship - Sunk
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A ride on this attraction is not free. It was around $19 per adult and $12 per child. Luckily we called ahead to make sure there was room for our larger group and found out then. The tour was fantastic. 90 minutes or so long. Guide was great -- we learned a lot about Big Bear history and the lake. Gorgeous view all around!
[Sara Torabi, 08/14/2012]
Time Bandits pirate ship sails Big Bear Lake
The Time Bandit, a 1/3-scale replica of a 17th-century English three-masted galleon, is now sailing the waters of Big Bear Lake, CA.
... [06/21/1998] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 30, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Dee Dee Ramone's Grave, Hollywood, California
- Safari Inn - Movie Motel, Burbank, California
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
- Statues of Dinosaurs and Monsters, Borrego Springs, California
- Feature: Crockett History: Sugar, Sturgeon, Switchboard, Crockett, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips