Niwot, Colorado: Chainsaw Indians
Carved art from trunks of dead trees. Eddie Running Wolf's depictions of Native Americans includes a "Holy Man" wearing a horned headdress.
- Niwot Rd, Niwot, CO
- Along the south side of Niwot Rd, just west of its intersection with N. 79th St.
Visitor Tips and News About Chainsaw Indians
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
What do you do with dead trees in a city park? In Niwot they carve the still-standing trunks into chainsaw art! The three wood carvings by Eddie Running Wolf are "Holy Man," "Spear Lodge Man," and "Eagle Catcher." [Ronnie, 02/06/2017]
April 30, 2017
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Tour a Candy Factory, Denver, Colorado
- Museum of Colorado Prisons, Canon City, Colorado
- Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum, Pueblo, Colorado
- Chrome on the Range, Aspen, Colorado
- Forney Transportation Museum: Amelia Earhart's Car, Denver, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Windmill with Winged Pigs and Guitars, Annapolis, Maryland
- High Trestle Trail Bridge, Madrid, Iowa
- Hilton Sisters Siamese Twins Grave, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Half-n-Half Post Office Photo Op, Texarkana, Arkansas
- 16 Windmills, Montague, Texas