San Francisco, California Attractions
Unusual landmarks, museums, roadside attractions, and hidden wonders in San Francisco and the surrounding area. There's plenty to see right in town, but we've also mapped hidden treasures we've discovered in surrounding cities, from Marin County to the East Bay.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
Cybernetic sculpture gallery and cabinet of curiosities for artists Clayton and Betty Bailey.
El Cerrito, California
San Franciscans go ape pining for their lost amusements; this museum is a packed shrine to the leisure past at Playland-at-the-Beach.
1960s vintage fiberglass Paul Bunyan statue spent career standing in front of Hayward businesses before finding a home at a local plastics fabrication business.
San Francisco, California
Trippy tour of the Summer of Love using an old bus and 21st century tech.
Pellet-Regurgitating Pez dispensers -- they're all here, along with the World's Largest.
In and Around San Francisco
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of California attractions.
- San Francisco: Wave Organ
- San Francisco: Magic Bus
- San Francisco: San Francisco Dungeon
- Richmond: Rosie the Riveter Visitor Center
- Novato: Olompali: Miwoks, Chosen Family, Grateful Dead
- El Cerrito: Playland Not-At-The-Beach
- Crockett: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey
- Crockett: Crockett History: Sugar, Sturgeon, Switchboard
- Burlingame: Museum of Pez Memorabilia
- San Francisco: Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum [tips]
- San Francisco: Paxton Gate - Taxidermied Mice
- San Francisco: Tonga Room
- San Francisco: Urge - Robot Mimics You
- San Francisco: Crookedest Street in the World
- San Francisco: Real Crookedest Street in San Francisco
- San Francisco: Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Odditorium [tips]
- San Francisco: Madame Tussauds
- San Francisco: Musee Mecanique
- San Francisco: USS Pampanito Submarine Museum
- San Francisco: Cement Slides [tips]
- San Francisco: Famous Lounging Sea Lions