Muffler Man Owner Wins $130 Million Lottery, Big Man a Good Luck Talisman?
James Jones, owner of Jones Brake & Muffler in Washington, Georgia, won the Mega Millions Lottery worth $130 million on Wednesday, Jan. 19th. Jones, 55, owns a classic Muffler Man, which stands at the corner of his shop on Robert Toombs Avenue in a small northeastern Georgia town. The Mega Millions lottery is played across eleven states, generating a gigantic pot of money; this is the second largest payout in Georgia's history.
Muffler Man owners across the nation -- at least those who play lotteries -- are likely speculating what influence the "Big Man" had on Jones' luck. How long did he own the Muffler Man? (Since 1996 or '97). What was the Muffler man holding when Jones won? (a regular car tire in his right hand).
The statue is a little faded, and needs a coat of paint soon. Now Jones can afford it. [Thanks to Sam Fisher for the heads up][01/20/2005]
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Mar 17: Prince Edward Island Vanishes From Canada’s Maps
- Mar 6: Latest Thrill: Taking a Dump in New Jersey
- Feb 26: Party’s Over On Post-Apocalyptic Highway
- Feb 16: Palace On A Budget: No Bread For Corn
- Feb 8: Dust Up At The Action Figure Museum
- Feb 2: Happy Birthday Twine Ball Man