Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii: Tiny Church
Maybe 8 x 14 feet. Another adorable symbol of understated Christianity. Along a stretch of beach with resort hotels and ancient Hawaiian cultural sites, including one used for human sacrifice.
St. Peter's by the Sea Catholic Church
- 78-6681A Alii Dr., Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, HI
- St. Peter's Catholic Church. From Hwy 11 turn west onto Kamehameha III Rd. Drive to the shopping center and turn right onto Alii Drive. Drive north one mile. The church will be on the left, across the street from the Mehina Mele guesthouse.
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Heard from Al Baca, and then Rebecca Taylor about a small church in Hawaii. Al writes: "There is a small but beautiful church about 1.25 miles South of Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. It has a beautiful etched glass window and sits about 10 yards from the ocean's edge." Rebecca stayed in a nearby cottage for her honeymoon, "There are two south of Kona on Alli'i drive - one is made of lava rock and is gorgeous...and more regular-sized. The other is the smaller of the two -- a more traditional church-looking church. It is definitely not the world's smallest, but it ain't that big either AND it's oceanfront!" Perhaps 8 ft. x 14 ft. as a rough guesstimate.
[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 03/24/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Most Scenic Urinal, Kealakekua, Big Island, HI - 3 mi.
- Hawaiians Kill Captain Cook, Captain Cook, Big Island, HI - 7 mi.
- Pu'uhonua - Place of Refuge, Honaunau, Big Island, HI - 12 mi.
- In the region: King Kamehameha I Statue #1, Kapaau, Big Island, HI - 46 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 18, 2014
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- The Painted Church, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue, Kapaau, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue #2, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Eternal Flame War Memorial, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Elvis Aloha Statue, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bible Mini-Golf, Lexington, Kentucky
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
Latest Visitor Tips