Brattleboro, Vermont: Sea Serpent
A multi-humped dragon made of metal, half-surfaced in the West River. Latest report has Nessie tethered to a dock.
- Putney Rd, Brattleboro, VT
- Visible from the bridge over the West River, a mile north of downtown Brattleboro on US 5/Putney Rd. Later reported tied to a dock by a restaurant.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Sea Serpent
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Sea Serpent is no longer out in the water, but is secured to the side of one of the docks (guest dock) and is visible if you stand on the left side of the marine restaurant. [Tami, 07/10/2014]
Sea Serpent in the Water
Going north from Brattleboro I spotted this version of the Loch Ness Monster enjoying the waters of the West River. It appears that each part of him are anchored seperately, because the thing does in fact move around as if swimming. Nearby there was a cut-out of an old salt fishing from a boat made in a similar style.
[Richard Weiss, 12/03/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 1, 2014
Vermont Latest Tips and Stories
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Big Metal Man, Ludlow, Vermont
- New England Maple Syrup Museum, Pittsford, Vermont
- Ben & Jerry's First Store Plaque, Burlington, Vermont
- Giant Robot, Rutland, Vermont
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins, Georgia
- Popeye Statue, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Horse Drawn Steampunk, Elkridge, Maryland
- Giant Cow, Clarion, Pennsylvania
- Mystery Hill And Mystery House, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips