Brattleboro, Vermont: Sea Serpent
A multi-humped dragon made of metal, half-surfaced in the West River. Latest report has Nessie tethered to a dock.
- Putney Rd, Brattleboro, VT
- Visible from the bridge over the West River, a mile north of downtown Brattleboro on US 5/Putney Rd. Later reported tied to a dock by a restaurant.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Sea Serpent
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Sea Serpent is no longer out in the water, but is secured to the side of one of the docks (guest dock) and is visible if you stand on the left side of the marine restaurant. [Tami, 07/10/2014]
Sea Serpent in the Water
Going north from Brattleboro I spotted this version of the Loch Ness Monster enjoying the waters of the West River. It appears that each part of him are anchored seperately, because the thing does in fact move around as if swimming. Nearby there was a cut-out of an old salt fishing from a boat made in a similar style.
[Richard Weiss, 12/03/2005]
May 22, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Vermont Latest Tips and Stories
- Main Street Museum, White River Junction, Vermont
- Big Jack Made From Fireplugs, Shelburne, Vermont
- Cheese Factory Tour, Cabot, Vermont
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Big Metal Man, Ludlow, Vermont
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina
- Colsac III the Free Ferry, Merrimac, Wisconsin
- Pinkie the Elephant, DeForest, Wisconsin
- Mirror Yard, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Tin Man from Wiz, Council Grove, Kansas