Brattleboro, Vermont: Sea Serpent
A multi-humped dragon made of metal, half-surfaced in the West River. The monster was brightened up with a fresh coat of paint in 2015.
- Putney Rd, Brattleboro, VT
- Visible from the bridge over the West River, a mile north of downtown Brattleboro on US 5/Putney Rd. Later reported tied to a dock by a restaurant.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Sea Serpent
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sea Serpent in Brattleboro
The serpent is back in the river and looking as good as ever. It is a fun site, plus the food at the restaurant is great. [Howard, 09/26/2015]
The Sea Serpent is no longer out in the water, but is secured to the side of one of the docks (guest dock) and is visible if you stand on the left side of the marine restaurant. [Tami, 07/10/2014]
Sea Serpent in the Water
Going north from Brattleboro I spotted this version of the Loch Ness Monster enjoying the waters of the West River. It appears that each part of him are anchored seperately, because the thing does in fact move around as if swimming. Nearby there was a cut-out of an old salt fishing from a boat made in a similar style.
[Richard Weiss, 12/03/2005]
July 23, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Vermont Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Happy Bee, West Dover, Vermont
- Bob's Welding, Lyndonville, Vermont
- Round Church - Devil-Resistant, Richmond, Vermont
- Starlight Movie-Themed Motel, Colchester, Vermont
- Drive-In Movie and Motel, Fairlee, Vermont
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Boot monument for civic circus giant, Gibsonton, Florida
- Elephant's Feet, Tonalea, Arizona
- Four Corners USA, Shiprock, New Mexico
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Tired Tire Man, Corbin, Kentucky