Norman, Oklahoma: James Garner Statue - TV's Maverick
Star of TV's "Maverick" and "The Rockford Files" is honored in his home town. Garner also had a movie career, with stints in "The Great Escape" and "Victor Victoria." But here the cowboy is visualized.
- Main St., Norman, OK
- I-35 exit onto Main St. Head east about 2.5 miles. The statue is at the corner of Main St. and Jones Ave., at the railroad tracks, catty-corner to the Sooner Theatre.
Another 1960s TV Star, Another Statue
Visitor Tips and News About James Garner Statue - TV's Maverick
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hollywood actor James "Jim Rockford" Garner, now 77, will remain forever young in bronze in his home town of Norman, Oklahoma.
... [05/04/2006] Complete News Story
July 8, 2015
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Missile Park, Altus, Oklahoma
- Big Indian: Chief Touch the Clouds, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Great Salt Plains, Jet, Oklahoma
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Geronimo's Grave, Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Hollow Earth Monument, Hamilton, Ohio
- Stone Face Rock with Nonoffensive Name, Pennington Gap, Virginia
- Hubcap Pyramid, Mays Landing, New Jersey
- Wienerlicious Restaurant Top, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Corvette Museum, Bowling Green, Kentucky