Galena, Illinois: Mrs. Butterworth Statue of First Lady Julia Grant
An unflattering statue of the controversial First Lady of President Ulysses S. Grant.
Ulysses S. Grant Home State Historic Site.
- 500 Bouthillier St., Galena, IL
- U.S. Grant Home State Historic Site. US Hwy 20 just east of the Galena River. Turn north on Park Ave., then east on Bouthillier St. The statue stands just west of the U.S. Grant Home State Historic Site.
Mrs. Grant, or Mrs Butterworth?
Visitor Tips and News About Mrs. Butterworth Statue of First Lady Julia Grant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Surprisingly few First Ladies have had statues erected in their honor. There's a Mary Todd Lincoln in Racine, Wisconsin; two Eleanor Roosevelts in New York, New York; and a Pat Nixon outside a senior center in Cerritos, California.
... [03/10/2007] Complete News Story
June 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Eureka College Berlin Wall, Eureka, Illinois
- Giant Hand with Painted Nails, Pana, Illinois
- Abe Lincoln Hair Strands, Pontiac, Illinois
- Sidewalk Shark, Pontiac, Illinois
- Illinois Route 66 Hall of Fame and Museum, Pontiac, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Union School: One School for Two States, College Corner, Ohio
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, Maine
- Toy and Action Figure Museum, Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
- Doofy Johnny Appleseed Statue, New Market, Virginia
- Birthplace of Walmart, Bentonville, Arkansas