Galena, Illinois: Mrs. Butterworth Statue of First Lady Julia Grant
An unflattering statue of the controversial First Lady of President Ulysses S. Grant.
Ulysses S. Grant Home State Historic Site.
- 500 Bouthillier St., Galena, IL
- U.S. Grant Home State Historic Site. US Hwy 20 just east of the Galena River. Turn north on Park Ave., then east on Bouthillier St. The statue stands just west of the U.S. Grant Home State Historic Site.
Mrs. Grant, or Mrs Butterworth?
Visitor Tips and News About Mrs. Butterworth Statue of First Lady Julia Grant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Surprisingly few First Ladies have had statues erected in their honor. There's a Mary Todd Lincoln in Racine, Wisconsin; two Eleanor Roosevelts in New York, New York; and a Pat Nixon outside a senior center in Cerritos, California.
... [03/10/2007] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, Illinois
- The Bean - Stoners' Delight, Chicago, Illinois
- "Gertrude" the Guernsey Cow, Rockford, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips