Galena, Illinois: Mrs. Butterworth Statue of First Lady Julia GrantAn unflattering statue of the controversial First Lady of President Ulysses S. Grant.
Ulysses S. Grant Home State Historic Site.
- 500 Bouthillier St., Galena, IL
- U.S. Grant Home State Historic Site. US Hwy 20 just east of the Galena River. Turn north on Park Ave., then east on Bouthillier St. The statue stands just west of the U.S. Grant Home State Historic Site.
Visitor Tips and News About Mrs. Butterworth Statue of First Lady Julia Grant
Surprisingly few First Ladies have had statues erected in their honor. There's a Mary Todd Lincoln in Racine, Wisconsin; two Eleanor Roosevelts in New York, New York; and a Pat Nixon outside a senior center in Cerritos, California.... [03/10/2007] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Scarlett's Green Dress Curtains, Galena, IL - < 1 mi.
- John Martinson's West Street Sculpture Park, Galena, IA - < 1 mi.
- City of Presidents, Cuba City, WI - 13 mi.
- In the region: Tug Fest - West Side of Mississippi River Tug-of-War, LeClaire, IA - 56 mi.