Harrisonburg, Virginia: Mummy's Hand, Two-Headed CalfMore than 6,000 items -- including some odd gems -- are on display at the D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History.
D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History
- 1200 Park Rd, Harrisonburg, VA
- D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History, Suter Science Center, Eastern Mennonite University -- I-81 exit 247. West on US 33 into downtown, then turn north onto Hwy 42/Virgina Ave. After a little over a mile, turn left onto McClinton Pike, then first right onto Park Rd. Science Center on the right.
- Su 2-4 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Mummy's Hand, Two-Headed Calf
More than 6,000 items are on display at the D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History, including a 3,000-year-old mummy's hand, a two-headed calf, a stuffed Nile crocodile, and a collection of fluorescent rocks in their own "black light" room.
Only open 2 hours a week, though.[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/14/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Turkey Statue Marks the Turkey Capital #2, Mount Crawford, VA - 11 mi.
- Grand Caverns, Grottoes, VA - 15 mi.
- Turkey Statue Marks Turkey Capital #1, Timberville, VA - 12 mi.
- In the region: Saint-like Statues of Madison, Jefferson, and Monroe, Charlottesville, VA - 37 mi.