Harrisonburg, Virginia: Mummy's Hand, Two-Headed Calf
More than 6,000 items -- including some odd gems -- are on display at the D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History.
D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History
- 1200 Park Rd, Harrisonburg, VA
- D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History, Suter Science Center, Eastern Mennonite University -- I-81 exit 247. West on US 33 into downtown, then turn north onto Hwy 42/Virgina Ave. After a little over a mile, turn left onto McClinton Pike, then first right onto Park Rd. Science Center on the right.
- Su 2-4 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Mummy's Hand, Two-Headed Calf
Visitor Tips and News About Mummy's Hand, Two-Headed Calf
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
More than 6,000 items are on display at the D. Ralph Hostetter Museum Of Natural History, including a 3,000-year-old mummy's hand, a two-headed calf, a stuffed Nile crocodile, and a collection of fluorescent rocks in their own "black light" room.
Only open 2 hours a week, though.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/14/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 28, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Theodore Roosevelt Island, McLean, Virginia
- Coffee Pot Restaurant, Roanoke, Virginia
- Giant Statue of Neptune, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Natural Bridge Wax Museum - Closing, Natural Bridge, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips