Springfield, Missouri: Muffler CarA car built to look like a large, gray auto muffler.
Seeburg Muffler and Brakes
- 607 W. Sunshine St., Springfield, MO
- Seeburg Muffler and Brakes. Parked on the northwest corner of W. Sunshine St. and S. Wedgewood Ave., a block west of S. Campbell Ave. and just across the street from the Bass Pro Shops Wildlife Museum.
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Car
The Seeburg Muffler Car was featured in the Springfield parade in the early '90s when it actually ran. Now it is parked in front of Seeburg Muffler. I'm told it used to have a pipe coming out of the front and back so that it looked more like a muffler, but they have been removed for some reason.
Just stop or drive buy and have a look. The workers didn't mind at all when we asked to take some pictures.[Tom Maness, 04/18/2008]
Have seen a couple of other muffler cars, though they're never in running condition!
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Fish and Wildlife Museum, Springfield, MO - < 1 mi.
- USS Lapon - Sub Surfacing out of Grass, Springfield, MO - 2 mi.
- Longest Footbridge for Trainspotters, Springfield, MO - 3 mi.
- Gigantic Paper Cup, Springfield, MO - 3 mi.