Macklin, Saskatchewan, Canada: World's Biggest Bunnock
A giant horse ankle bone is synonymous with the town of Macklin.
Visitor Tips and News About World's Biggest Bunnock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
World's Biggest Bunnock
Bunnock is a game played with horse ankle bones which are known as Bunnock in German. The World Championships are in Macklin so, of course, they have the world's largest Bunnock.
It is rather forlorn looking but apparently contains a tourist information office. When I was in the area, a few irreverent people had an amusing afternoon arguing about which part of the male or female anatomy this monument looks like. These same people discussed who might have designed and built such a monument.
[Gregory Melle Notsorry.com, 07/30/2008]
May 26, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Saskatchewan Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Coffee Pot, Davidson, Saskatchewan
- Snowman - Blizzard Capital, Kenaston, Saskatchewan
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Gopherville, Langenburg, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri