Macklin, Saskatchewan, Canada: World's Biggest Bunnock
A giant horse ankle bone is synonymous with the town of Macklin.
World's Biggest Bunnock
Visitor Tips and News About World's Biggest Bunnock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Bunnock is a game played with horse ankle bones which are known as Bunnock in German. The World Championships are in Macklin so, of course, they have the world's largest Bunnock.
It is rather forlorn looking but apparently contains a tourist information office. When I was in the area, a few irreverent people had an amusing afternoon arguing about which part of the male or female anatomy this monument looks like. These same people discussed who might have designed and built such a monument.
[Gregory Melle Notsorry.com, 07/30/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Suzie, World's Largest Softball, Chauvin, AB, Canada - 26 mi.
- World's Largest Tomahawk, Cut Knife, SK, Canada - 48 mi.
- Buffalo Statue, Canada's Biggest, Wainwright, AB, Canada - 52 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 1, 2014
Saskatchewan Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Coffee Pot, Davidson, Saskatchewan
- Snowman - Blizzard Capital, Kenaston, Saskatchewan
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Gopherville, Langenburg, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wellsville, Ohio
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Feature: Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins, Georgia
- Popeye Statue, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Horse Drawn Steampunk, Elkridge, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips