Macklin, Saskatchewan, Canada: World's Biggest Bunnock
A giant horse ankle bone is synonymous with the town of Macklin.
Visitor Tips and News About World's Biggest Bunnock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
World's Biggest Bunnock
Bunnock is a game played with horse ankle bones which are known as Bunnock in German. The World Championships are in Macklin so, of course, they have the world's largest Bunnock.
It is rather forlorn looking but apparently contains a tourist information office. When I was in the area, a few irreverent people had an amusing afternoon arguing about which part of the male or female anatomy this monument looks like. These same people discussed who might have designed and built such a monument.
[Gregory Melle Notsorry.com, 07/30/2008]
November 26, 2015
Saskatchewan Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Coffee Pot, Davidson, Saskatchewan
- Snowman - Blizzard Capital, Kenaston, Saskatchewan
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Gopherville, Langenburg, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, New Mexico
- Eiffel Tower Fountain, Gasquet, California
- Last Place James Dean Stopped for Gas, Lost Hills, California
- Deer Statues - Scioto Lounge, Columbus, Ohio
- Johnny Appleseed Grave, Fort Wayne, Indiana