Rutland, North Dakota: Grill that Cooked the World's Largest Hamburger
"Pride of the Prairie." The disk-shaped grill that cooked a 3591-pound hamburger is proudly displayed like a billboard for all to see.
- CR 10, Rutland, ND
- Hwy 11 to CR 10/138th Ave. SE. Turn south and drive two miles. The giant grill will be on the right (west) side.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
World's Largest Hamburger and Grill
Visitor Tips and News About Grill that Cooked the World's Largest Hamburger
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This small town managed to get into the Guinness Book of World Records in 1982 with a 3,591 lb. hamburger fried and then flipped on a grill. One portion of the grill stands on the road into the town. It was recently repainted.
Rutland has an UffDa Day the first Sunday in October - next year will be the 25th (and maybe last from what I hear).
Nearby Offbeat Places
- International Vinegar Museum, Roslyn, SD - 39 mi.
- Shoe House, World's Largest Hairball, Webster, SD - 49 mi.
- Hilltop Viking Statue, Fort Ransom, ND - 38 mi.
- A Very Long, Straight Road, Hickson to Streeter, ND - 47 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 9, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Life-Size 32-Piece Cattle Drive, Mandan, North Dakota
- Dinosaur Statues, Dickinson, North Dakota
- Four Arrows Monument, Belcourt, North Dakota
- Giant Sandhill Crane, Steele, North Dakota
- Wheelie Turtle, Dunseith, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips