Rutland, North Dakota: Grill that Cooked the World's Largest Hamburger
"Pride of the Prairie." The disk-shaped grill that cooked a 3591-pound hamburger is proudly displayed like a billboard for all to see.
- CR 10, Rutland, ND
- Hwy 11 to CR 10/138th Ave. SE. Turn south and drive two miles. The giant grill will be on the right (west) side.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
World's Largest Hamburger and Grill
Visitor Tips and News About Grill that Cooked the World's Largest Hamburger
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This small town managed to get into the Guinness Book of World Records in 1982 with a 3,591 lb. hamburger fried and then flipped on a grill. One portion of the grill stands on the road into the town. It was recently repainted.
Rutland has an UffDa Day the first Sunday in October - next year will be the 25th (and maybe last from what I hear).
Nearby Offbeat Places
- International Vinegar Museum, Roslyn, SD - 39 mi.
- Shoe House, World's Largest Hairball, Webster, SD - 49 mi.
- Hilltop Viking Statue, Fort Ransom, ND - 38 mi.
- A Very Long, Straight Road, Hickson to Streeter, ND - 47 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 17, 2014
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Geographical Center of North America, Rugby, North Dakota
- Cold War Pyramid, Nekoma, North Dakota
- Ukrainian Cultural Institute, Dickinson, North Dakota
- Salem Sue, World's Largest Holstein Cow, New Salem, North Dakota
- Liquor Store Indian, Mandan, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Most Absurd Bar in the World: A Sculpture, Dennysville, Maine
- Eerie Abraham Lincoln Hologram, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Camera Heritage Museum, Staunton, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips