Kansas City, Missouri: Big Spider Sculpture
Sculpted by Louise Bourgeois, the champion of "feminist identity art." Snapshot suggestion: stand under its twisty black legs and pretend to scream.
Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
- E. 45th St., Kansas City, MO
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. South of downtown, outdoors, on the west side at the corner of Walnut and E. 45th Sts.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Spider Sculpture
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Numerous sculptures surround the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, including this large spider sculpture, with a smaller one climbing the museum's outside wall.
[Joe Desiderio, 10/19/2009]
July 5, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Sierra Bullets Factory, Sedalia, Missouri
- Cookin' from Scratch Chicken Car, Doolittle, Missouri
- TWA Moonliner, Kansas City, Missouri
- Trail's End - Cattle Drive Destination Monument, Sedalia, Missouri
- Monument: 2010 Population Center of the U.S., Plato, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota