Woods Cross, Utah: Big Boy Scout Centennial Statue17-ft. tall statue of a Boy Scout marking the 100th anniversary of the youth organization.
- W. 1500 S., Woods Cross, UT
- I-15 exit 315. Drive west on Hwy 93/W. 2600 S., then quickly turn right onto S. 800 W. Drive north for about one mile, then turn right into the parking lot for Hogan Park. The statue will be to the left, next to the building and the tennis courts.
Big Boy Scout Centennial Statue: February 2010 marks the 100th birthday of the founding of the Boy Scouts of America. We congratulate the organization for its long record of channeling youthful male energy into impress [02/09/2010] Complete Story...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Boy Scout Centennial Statue
On February 11, I paid a visit to the Big Boy Scout statue. There was about a foot of snow on the ground around it, so I got my feet wet taking a photo![Candace, 02/18/2013]
Think of your wet feet as an off-season photojournalism merit badge. Later, as frostbite encroaches, any boy scout with winter camp training would advise: "When your feet get cold, wear a hat."
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Tree House Yard, Bountiful, UT - 2 mi.
- Gravity Hill, Salt Lake City, UT - 6 mi.
- Two-Headed Lamb and Really Old Bread, Salt Lake City, UT - 7 mi.
- Real Place Where Brigham Young Said "This is the Place", Salt Lake City, UT - 10 mi.