Birmingham, Alabama: African Village in America
RoadsideAmerica.com Team Field Report
- 931 Nassau Ave. SW., Birmingham, AL
- On the southwest edge of the city. I-65 exit 258. Drive west on Route 18 for one mile, then turn left onto Martin Luther King Jr Drive. Drive south and take the third right onto Nassau Ave. Joe Minter's place is the last house on the left.
- Daylight hours. Open gate policy; tours available if Joe is at home. (Call to verify)
- Free, but you can buy an African Village book and/or DVD from Joe.
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
African Village in America
Visitor Tips and News About African Village in America
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Spent over an hour with Joe. He walked me and my two girlfriends around his "village" explaining his work. An amazing artist and thinker.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Rear End of Pink Volkswagen, Ozark, Alabama
- Large Gold Peanut, Dothan, Alabama
- Tim Hollis' Pop Culture Museum, Dora, Alabama
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips