Maggie Valley, North Carolina: Ghost Town in the Sky
A Wild West town atop a 4,600-foot-high mountain, visited by ski lift. Closed when a landslide took out its access road in June 2010. It reopened as a real, deserted ghost town in July 2012. The gunfights and can-can girls returned in the summer of 2013.
- 16 Fie Top Rd, Maggie Valley, NC
- On the north side of US Hwy 19, five miles west of the intersection of US Hwy 276.
- June-Oct. daily 10-5 (weather permitting) (Call to verify)
- Adults $25.00 (by chairlift) or $20.00 (by bus)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Ghost Town in the Sky - Appalachian and Cherokee theme park?
Visitor Tips and News About Ghost Town in the Sky
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
With no movement in 2003's ambitious plan to turn the closed Ghost Town in the Sky into a Christian Theme Park, a non-profit group in Maggie Valley, North Carolina has some new ideas. They hope to raise money to fund a business plan and attract a new owner.... [10/17/2004] Complete News Story
Ghost Town in the Sky - a Christian theme park?
Local politicians running for office in Maggie Valley, North Carolina, have proposed transforming the dormant family attraction, Ghost Town in the Sky, into a Christian theme park. Ghost Town, on US Highway 19, was closed for the 2003 season.... [11/02/2003] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Tail of the Dragon - Tree of Shame, Deals Gap, North Carolina
- Vollis Simpson's Whirligigs, Lucama, North Carolina
- Self Kicking Machine #2, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Mystery Hill And Mystery House, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- Birthplace of Pepsi, New Bern, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips