Maggie Valley, North Carolina: Ghost Town in the Sky
This mountaintop attraction -- a Wild West town accessed by ski lift -- was closed when a landslide took out its access road in June 2010. It reopened as a real, deserted ghost town in July 2012. The gunfights returned in summer 2013.
- 16 Fie Top Rd, Maggie Valley, NC
- On the north side of US Hwy 19, five miles west of the intersection of US Hwy 276.
- Daily 9-5 (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Ghost Town in the Sky - Appalachian and Cherokee theme park?
Visitor Tips and News About Ghost Town in the Sky
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
With no movement in 2003's ambitious plan to turn the closed Ghost Town in the Sky into a Christian Theme Park, a non-profit group in Maggie Valley, North Carolina has some new ideas. They hope to raise money to fund a business plan and attract a new owner.... [10/17/2004] Complete News Story
Ghost Town in the Sky - a Christian theme park?
Local politicians running for office in Maggie Valley, North Carolina, have proposed transforming the dormant family attraction, Ghost Town in the Sky, into a Christian theme park. Ghost Town, on US Highway 19, was closed for the 2003 season.... [11/02/2003] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Tall Stacks of Books, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Giant Fish Fountain, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Giant Hand, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Periodic Picnic Table, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Harry's Grill and Piggy's Ice, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: 1964-65 New York World's Fair Attractions, Queens, New York
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips