Maggie Valley, North Carolina: Ghost Town in the Sky
This mountaintop attraction was closed when a landslide took out its access road in June 2010. It reopened as a real, deserted ghost town in July 2012. Its owners say that the gunfights and can-can girls will be back by summer 2013.
- 16 Fie Top Rd, Maggie Valley, NC
- On the north side of US Hwy 19, five miles west of the intersection of US Hwy 276.
- Daily 9-5 (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Ghost Town in the Sky - Appalachian and Cherokee theme park?
Visitor Tips and News About Ghost Town in the Sky
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
With no movement in 2003's ambitious plan to turn the closed Ghost Town in the Sky into a Christian Theme Park, a non-profit group in Maggie Valley, North Carolina has some new ideas. They hope to raise money to fund a business plan and attract a new owner.... [10/17/2004] Complete News Story
Ghost Town in the Sky - a Christian theme park?
Local politicians running for office in Maggie Valley, North Carolina, have proposed transforming the dormant family attraction, Ghost Town in the Sky, into a Christian theme park. Ghost Town, on US Highway 19, was closed for the 2003 season.... [11/02/2003] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Mimi's Dairy-O Pizza Man, Rutherfordton, North Carolina
- Big Mercury Cougar, Zebulon, North Carolina
- Ava Gardner Museum, Smithfield, North Carolina
- Ruby City Gems, Free Museum, Franklin, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
- Feature: Hannah's Maze of Mirrors, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips