Maggie Valley, North Carolina: Ghost Town in the Sky
A Wild West town atop a 4,600-foot-high mountain, visited by ski lift. Closed when a landslide took out its access road in June 2010. It reopened as a real, deserted ghost town in July 2012. The gunfights and can-can girls returned in the summer of 2013.
- 16 Fie Top Rd, Maggie Valley, NC
- On the north side of US Hwy 19, five miles west of the intersection of US Hwy 276.
- June-Oct. daily 10-5 (weather permitting) (Call to verify)
- Adults $25.00 (by chairlift) or $20.00 (by bus)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Ghost Town in the Sky - Appalachian and Cherokee theme park?
Visitor Tips and News About Ghost Town in the Sky
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
With no movement in 2003's ambitious plan to turn the closed Ghost Town in the Sky into a Christian Theme Park, a non-profit group in Maggie Valley, North Carolina has some new ideas. They hope to raise money to fund a business plan and attract a new owner.... [10/17/2004] Complete News Story
Ghost Town in the Sky - a Christian theme park?
Local politicians running for office in Maggie Valley, North Carolina, have proposed transforming the dormant family attraction, Ghost Town in the Sky, into a Christian theme park. Ghost Town, on US Highway 19, was closed for the 2003 season.... [11/02/2003] Complete News Story
May 25, 2015
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- The Road to Nowhere, Bryson City, North Carolina
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina
- Woman's Legs, Henderson, North Carolina
- Futuro House, Frisco, North Carolina
- Grave of Millie Christine McCoy, Whiteville, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri