Asheville, North Carolina: Mountaineer Inn Sign1939 motel with neon sign of a corncob-smoking, shotgun-wielding mountain man.
- 155 Tunnel Rd., Asheville, NC
- West of I-240, on Tunnel Rd north of Kenilworth Knoll.
Visitor Tips and News About Mountaineer Inn Sign
Clean, comfortable and friendly! Everything about the place is retro (including the pool) but very well kept. Great stop for indie travelers.[Lindsay, 08/22/2011]
The Mountaineer Inn is located near downtown Asheville, NC and was built in 1939. The excellent monument sign is classic Roadside America, albeit not exactly politically correct, along with some excellent neon signage on the original building.
Definitely an affordable lodging place to enjoy the mountains and nearby roadsideamerica.com-inspired attractions, such as the Muffler Man Indian.[biffburley, 06/17/2010]
Nice sign. They really make the squirrel rifle and backwards letters work -- so appealing when deciding where to spend the night! And not too far up in the mountains -- sandwiched between (through no fault of its own) a Red Lobster and an Olive Garden.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- London Double Decker Bus, Asheville, NC - 1 mi.
- Large Iron, Asheville, NC - 1 mi.
- Biltmore Estate - World's Largest Privately Owned Home, Asheville, NC - 2 mi.
- In the region: Shoeless Joe Jackson Statue, Greenville, SC - 52 mi.