Chicago, Illinois: Fort Dearborn Massacre Monument
Before there was Chicago, there was Fort Dearborn. And, oh yes, the Indians. The settlers lost this massacre but eventually won the war, making Route 66 possible.
- E. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL
- Downtown, on the northwest corner of E. Wacker Drive and N. Michigan Ave. The inscription and sculpted massacre scene are on the entry pylon to the Michigan Ave. Bridge. Faces south (Wacker).
Fort Dearborn Massacre Monument
Visitor Tips and News About Fort Dearborn Massacre Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Just a plaque on a wall and the ground at the heart of downtown Chicago.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Billy Goat Tavern - Cheeseborger Cheeseborger, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
- Monument to Jack Brickhouse, Famous Announcer, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
- Famous Rocks of the Tribune Tower, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, Illinois
- The Bean - Stoners' Delight, Chicago, Illinois
- "Gertrude" the Guernsey Cow, Rockford, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips