Chicago, Illinois: Fort Dearborn Massacre Monument
Before there was Chicago, there was Fort Dearborn. And, oh yes, the Indians. The settlers lost this massacre but eventually won the war, making Route 66 possible.
- E. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL
- Downtown, on the northwest corner of E. Wacker Drive and N. Michigan Ave. The inscription and sculpted massacre scene are on the entry pylon to the Michigan Ave. Bridge. Faces south (Wacker).
Fort Dearborn Massacre Monument
Visitor Tips and News About Fort Dearborn Massacre Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Just a plaque on a wall and the ground at the heart of downtown Chicago.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Billy Goat Tavern - Cheeseborger Cheeseborger, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
- Monument to Jack Brickhouse, Famous Announcer, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
- Famous Rocks of the Tribune Tower, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, IL - < 1 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 18, 2014
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Huge Wooden Colonial Guy, St. Charles, Illinois
- Historic Museum of Torture Devices, Alton, Illinois
- Doughboy Cannon, Blue Island, Illinois
- Paul Bunyan Head at Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois
- Goat Tower of Baaa, Findlay, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips