Naperville, Illinois: Cat in the Hat Statue
An eight-foot-tall statue by Leo Rijn of Dr. Seuss's most famous character.
- 200 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville, IL
- West Jefferson Avenue, on the northwest corner of the Nichols Library parking lot at the intersection of Eagle and Jefferson Aves.
Cat in the Hat Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Cat in the Hat Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This 8-foot statue by Leo Rijn was dedicated in 2007 for the 50th anniversary of the first publishing of the book about Dr. Seuss' most beloved character, "The Cat in the Hat." Nine of these statues were commissioned for the celebration, but according to a plaque at the statue's base, only this one is on public display.
Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) was writer and illustrator of over 40 books for children. This statue is within easy walking distance of the Dick Tracy statue.
[Joseph D. Kubal, 08/19/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 8, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Pharmacy Museum in a Drug Store, Roselle, Illinois
- The Bean, Chicago, Illinois
- Cow with a Chef's Hat, Chicago Heights, Illinois
- Scale Model of the Solar System, Peoria, Illinois
- Palm's Grille Cafe - Route 66, Atlanta, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips