Detroit, Michigan: Monumental Kitty
Created in 2010, Jerome Ferretti's brick sculpture of a cat bursts out of the ground -- the head resembles a kiln.
- Pine St., Detroit, MI
- At the north end of the pedestrian overpass that crosses over I-75 at Cochrane St. Take I-75 exits 49 or 49A to 12th St., turn north, drive one block. Turn right onto Pine St. and drive two blocks. The Kitty will be on the right.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Detroit, Michigan - Motor City Kitty
Thanks to artist Jerome Ferretti, the North Corktown neighborhood of Detroit is now home to a dome-headed cat sculpture that rises up out of the ground beneath a pedestrian overpass that spans highway I-75.
[11/17/2010] Complete Story...
Visitor Tips and News About Monumental Kitty
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We visited the Monumental Kitty and were so happy that the graffiti artist hadn't gotten to it. For an almost deserted neighborhood, this was wonderful. If it had been in Los Angeles I'm afraid I couldn"t say the same. I loved the cat. The landscaping needed a little care but the lack of graffiti made it okay.
[Jackie Solomon, 09/04/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 26, 2013
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Eden Springs Park, Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Stormy Kromer Cap, Ironwood, Michigan
- Big Chicken, Hudson, Michigan
- Dinosaur Farm, Coloma, Michigan
- Public Bathroom in Pointillism, Saugatuck, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips