Cartersville, Georgia: Tellus Science Museum
Museum displays replica T-rex and other dinosaur skeletons; early cars; Apollo I and Mercury capsule replicas, mineral and gems. For applied science: a fossil dig and gem panning area.
- 100 Tellus Dr., Cartersville, GA
- I-75 Exit 293 take US 411 south 1 block, turn left on MIneral Museum Drive.
- M-Su; 10 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adults $12, children $8; seniors $10; Active military w/ID, parking: Free
Tellus Science Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Tellus Science Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A 120,000 square foot museum located in Cartersville; full-size replica of a 40-foot T-rex and other dinosaurs; vintage vehicles; replicas of the doomed Apollo I capsule and the Mercury capsule and Sputnik; mineral and gem gallery; planetarium; observatory and a fossil dig and gem panning area.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 12, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Scrap Metal Eagle, Calhoun, Georgia
- Silver Mermaid, St. Simons, Georgia
- Creepy Henry Ford Statue, Richmond Hill, Georgia
- Submarine on Land, St. Marys, Georgia
- Feature: Tank Town USA: Drive Tanks, Crush Cars, Morganton, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips