Lake Junaluska, North Carolina: World Methodist MuseumHistory and artifacts of the World Methodist church, from Circuit Riders to ministries and international missions. Find the lock of founder John Wesley's hair and a horse vertebra painted to look like him.
- 575 N. Lakeshore Dr., Lake Junaluska, NC
- North of Waynesville, US Hwy 19 to North Lakeshore Dr. along the shore of Lake Junaluska.
- Tu-F 8:30 am 4:30 pm, Sa 10 am - 3 pm. Closed Su.
Visitor Tips and News About World Methodist Museum
The World Methodist Museum holds an impressive collection of Methodist artifacts. Anyone who has a profound interest in the Methodist Church shouldn't be disappointed. Interesting items include a lock of John Wesley's (the founder of the Methodist church) hair and a horse vertebra painted to resemble John Wesley. There is an enormous amount of busts of John Wesley.
If John Wesley is your man, this your place.[Jacob Krejci, 08/30/2011]
He is. John Wesley's hair under glass! Not a sacred religious relic. The vertabra calmly assured us so.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Statue of Junaluska, Savior of Andrew Jackson, Lake Junaluska, NC - < 1 mi.
- Big Red Rocker, Maggie Valley, NC - 3 mi.
- Monument to Last Shot of the Civil War, Waynesville, NC - 3 mi.
- In the region: Biltmore Estate - World's Largest Privately Owned Home, Asheville, NC - 24 mi.