Fort Washington, Maryland: Giant Hammer
Ford Lumber Company promotes its business with a huge hammer 20-25 ft. tall.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Hammer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Driving south on Indian Head Highway from the Capital Beltway, I saw a giant hammer on the right side of the road, in front of Ford Lumber Company. I took a right on Livingston Road and found the store front. The hammer is in a large grassy area that is easily accessible from the parking lot. The hammer has probably been there a long time, judging from the condition of the hammer head. I think it's at least 20 feet tall.
[Julie Mangin, 10/11/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- "The Awakening" - Buried Giant, Oxon Hill, MD - 4 mi.
- George Washington's Home, Grave, and False Teeth, Mount Vernon, VA - 5 mi.
- Giant Water Can, Alexandria, VA - 6 mi.
- World's Oldest Working Elevator, Washington, DC - 11 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 22, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Pencil, Baltimore, Maryland
- Giant Sequoia Cell Tower Tree, Hagerstown, Maryland
- Giant Rotted Molar Sculpture, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Enchanted Forest, Ellicott City, Maryland
- John Paul Jones Crypt, Annapolis, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips