Sidney, British Columbia, Canada: Big Wooden Scuba Diver
The diver is realistically carved from a single tree -- not with a chainsaw -- and posed head-down as if diving into the deep.
- 2537 Beacon Ave., Sidney, BC, Canada
- On the waterfront, between the Sidney Waterfront Inn and Sidney harbor. Just south of Beacon Ave. and the Sidney Pier.
Big Wooden Scuba Diver
Visitor Tips and News About Big Wooden Scuba Diver
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
According to its plaque, the diver was carved from a single, 80-foot tall standing red cedar tree by Alan C. Porter in the mid-1980s, then donated to the town by the Hotel Sidney [now the Sidney Waterfront Inn and Spa].
[David Kamada, 08/08/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mineral World & Scratch Patch, Sidney, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Statue of Terry Fox, One Leg and a Dream, Victoria, BC, Canada - 17 mi.
- Mile Zero of the Trans-Canada Highway, Victoria, BC, Canada - 17 mi.
- In the region: Goats on the Roof, Nanaimo, BC, Canada - 65 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 20, 2013
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose, British Columbia
- Paul B in Squamish, Squamish, British Columbia
- Giant Raspberries, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Giant Sparrows, Vancouver, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Kodiak the Bear, Government Camp, Oregon
- Polk-a-Dot Drive In, Braidwood, Illinois
- Braidwood Zoo Animal Sculptures, Braidwood, Illinois
- Red Oak II - Must see!, Carthage, Missouri
- Wild Stallion Sculptures, Vantage, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips