Harriston, Mississippi: Folk Art Frog Farm
A folk artist named Louise Cadney Coleman has named her property The Frog Farm and dotted it with wood carvings of humanlike frogs in humanlike settings.
- 186 Old Hwy 61, Harriston, MS
- On the east side of Old Hwy 61 about a quarter-mile north of its intersection with Hwy 553/Harriston Rd. Look for the signs.
- Daily 10 am to sundown (Call to verify)
- Adults $3
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Folk Art Frog Farm
Visitor Tips and News About Folk Art Frog Farm
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Frog Farm is a sculpture garden filled with folk art frogs and other assorted critters, all fashioned by Louise Cadney Coleman. We saw a sign on Highway 61 north of Fayette, Mississippi, that read "Frog Farm Tourist Welcome 2 1/2 miles" and could not resist. My wife was curious as to how they raised frogs on a farm. Little did we realize the surprise that awaited us.
[Wm Justice, 08/16/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Mississippi Latest Tips and Stories
- Dedeaux Clan Giant Rocking Chair, Gulfport, Mississippi
- Ghost Town of Rodney, Rodney, Mississippi
- G.I. Museum, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Japanese Gardens, Pass Christian, Mississippi
- Feature: Cars of Elvis and Liberace, Tupelo, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips