Fayette, Mississippi: Folk Art Frog Farm
A folk artist named Louise Cadney Coleman has named her property The Frog Farm and dotted it with wood carvings of humanlike frogs in humanlike settings.
- 186 Old Hwy 61, Fayette, MS
- On the east side of Old Hwy 61 about a quarter-mile north of its intersection with Hwy 553/Old Harriston Rd. Look for the signs.
- Daily 10 am to sundown (Call to verify)
- Adults $3
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Folk Art Frog Farm
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Folk Art Frog Farm
The Frog Farm is a sculpture garden filled with folk art frogs and other assorted critters, all fashioned by Louise Cadney Coleman. We saw a sign on Highway 61 north of Fayette, Mississippi, that read "Frog Farm Tourist Welcome 2 1/2 miles" and could not resist. My wife was curious as to how they raised frogs on a farm. Little did we realize the surprise that awaited us.
[Wm Justice, 08/16/2012]
March 29, 2017
Mississippi Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Watermelon, Seminary, Mississippi
- Chief Duck Statue, Duck Hill, Mississippi
- Oldest Surviving Juke Joint, Bentonia, Mississippi
- Giant Tepee BBQ Restaurant, Flora, Mississippi
- Shack Up Inn, Clarksdale, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Tallest Hatteras Tribute Lighthouse, East Lake, North Carolina
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma