Gulf Shores, Alabama: Walk into a Giant Open-Mouthed Shark
It's the entrance to a gift shop named Souvenir City. After you walk into the shark's mouth, you can look through windows into the shark's belly and see what he's eaten.
- 217 Gulf Shores Pkwy., Gulf Shores, AL
- Entrance to a gift shop named Souvenir City, which has been in Gulf Shores since 1956. On the west side of Hwy 59/Gulf Shores Pkwy, a block north of Hwy 182/E. Beach Blvd.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Walk into a Giant Open-Mouthed Shark
Visitor Tips and News About Walk into a Giant Open-Mouthed Shark
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A very impressive shark mouth entrance to a Gulf Shores souvenir shop... Items inside are a little pricey, but worth a look. At the back entrance to the store is a large 3-masted pirate ship attached to the building.
Shark Souvenir Shop
I am a resident of Gulf Shores and the name of the "Shark Souvenir Shop" is Souvenir City. It has many touristy beach items such as a wide variety of sea shells, pet hermit crabs and habitats, shark jaws and alligator heads and much much more. After you walk in the shark's mouth at the entrance, kids can look through windows into the shark's belly and see what he has eaten.
[Priscilla Hataway, 10/25/2005]
Shark souvenir shop
Shark-shaped entrance to a souvenir shop in Gulf Shores, AL.
[Rebecca Davenport, 09/29/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Gold Peanut, Dothan, Alabama
- Mobile On The Half Shell, Mobile, Alabama
- Russian Sea Rescue Pod, Spanish Fort, Alabama
- Noccalula Falls Doomed Maiden, Gadsden, Alabama
- Car Crashed Into Building, Fort Payne, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard of Oz Garden, Mapleton, Illinois
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips