Lansing, Michigan: R.E. Olds Transportation Museum
The Oldsmobile doesn't exist as a car any more, but it does as a museum.
- 240 Museum Drive, Lansing, MI
- I-496 exit 7. Turn north onto S. Cedar/Larch St., drive a quarter-mile, turn left onto Michigan Ave, then make the second left onto Museum Drive. The museum is all the way at the end, on the right.
- T-Sa 10 am- 5 pm, Su noon - 5 pm; fewer hours and days off-season. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Last rocket is earthbound in Michigan museum
Visitor Tips and News About R.E. Olds Transportation Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Oldsmobile "rocket" 88, initially touted for its whirlaway hydramatic drive, is no more. The last one off the assembly line, a special edition in gold and black, was given to the R-E Olds Transportation Museum in Lansing, MI.... [02/07/1999] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 25, 2014
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Steer and Cool Moose, Almont, Michigan
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Pioneer Mother: a Mom-ument, Clare, Michigan
- Statue of Pope John Paul II, Hamtramck, Michigan
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Forevertron Vanishes! (For Now), Sumpter, Wisconsin
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona
- Big Jack Made From Fireplugs, Shelburne, Vermont
- Abandoned Whiskey Distillery Castle, Frankfort, Kentucky
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips