Lansing, Michigan: R.E. Olds Transportation Museum
The Oldsmobile doesn't exist as a car any more, but it does as a museum.
- 240 Museum Drive, Lansing, MI
- I-496 exit 7. Turn north onto S. Cedar/Larch St., drive a quarter-mile, turn left onto Michigan Ave, then make the second left onto Museum Drive. The museum is all the way at the end, on the right.
- Tu-Sa 10 am- 5 pm, Su noon - 5 pm; Nov-Mar closed Su. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Last rocket is earthbound in Michigan museum
Visitor Tips and News About R.E. Olds Transportation Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Oldsmobile "rocket" 88, initially touted for its whirlaway hydramatic drive, is no more. The last one off the assembly line, a special edition in gold and black, was given to the R-E Olds Transportation Museum in Lansing, MI.... [02/07/1999] Complete News Story
October 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- Yogi Bear Statue, Frankenmuth, Michigan
- Wooden Statue And Grave Of Police K9 Zeek, Westland, Michigan
- Montrose Historical and Telephone Pioneer Museum, Montrose, Michigan
- Rosa Parks in Unfamiliar Pose, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri