Lansing, Michigan: R.E. Olds Transportation MuseumThe Oldsmobile doesn't exist as a car any more, but it does as a museum.
- 240 Museum Drive, Lansing, MI
- I-496 exit 7. Turn north onto S. Cedar/Larch St., drive a quarter-mile, turn left onto Michigan Ave, then make the second left onto Museum Drive. The museum is all the way at the end, on the right.
- T-Sa 10 am- 5 pm, Su noon - 5 pm; fewer hours and days off-season. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About R.E. Olds Transportation Museum
The Oldsmobile "rocket" 88, initially touted for its whirlaway hydramatic drive, is no more. The last one off the assembly line, a special edition in gold and black, was given to the R-E Olds Transportation Museum in Lansing, MI.... [02/07/1999] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- "Sparty" the Spartan - World's Largest Free-Standing Ceramic Figure, East Lansing, MI - 3 mi.
- Site of Worst School Massacre, Bath, MI - 8 mi.
- Tombstone of the Cream-of-Wheat Man, Leslie, MI - 20 mi.
- In the region: Michigan's Smallest Post Office, Elm Hall, MI - 46 mi.