Gateway, Arkansas: Large Goofy Bunny RabbitSomewhat disturbing cartoon rabbit stood outside a Gateway restaurant for many years. New owners down the road have spruced him up because he's just so cute.
- US Hwy 62, Gateway, AR
- On the south side of US Hwy 62, just off the road but in a private yard. Three miles east of Gateway, or 14 miles west of the Hwy 23/US Hwy 62 split in Eureka Springs. Pull off onto the shoulder; stumps have been provided around the bunny for sitting, but do not sit on the bunny.
- Private property - photos allowed.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Large Goofy Bunny Rabbit
He's easy to miss so watch your odometer. There's a convenient pull off to park and pick your way delicately across the owner's lawn. The owners have thoughtfully placed tree stump "seats" around the bunny for photo ops so it looks like you're having a woodland tea with the big, grinning, slightly creepy bunny.[J Nichols, 05/31/2010]
We bought the bunny that was in front of the Hillbilly Restaurant when it closed. We live about three miles on down Hwy 62 toward Eureka Springs. He has been re-painted and sits happily in the yard. You are welcome to take pictures with him so long as you do not trample the yard or try to sit on him.
He originally (so the tale/tail goes) was a float in the south. Then he moved to Arkansas and became a greeter at Gateway. He has retired now, but is willing to sit for pictures with admiring fans.[Vickie Hall / Mike Cowen, 04/18/2008]
The giant bunny statue (now painted white) moved in April. I saw it on a trailer parked out in front of someone's house. It is now in their side yard -- you can still see it from 62 just a few miles east of the Hillbilly Restaurant. It looks very happy surrounded by the Spring flowers.[julie, 05/04/2007]
The creepy, giant bunny, and the little restaurant located behind it, are for sale! Here's a chance for someone to own their own roadside atrocity![Cooper, 08/13/2005]
August 23, 2005: Tipster Cathie sez "Bunny still there."
On US-62 between Eureka Springs and Gateway, Arkansas, we discovered this large pink fiberglass bunny sitting in front of a restaurant called the Hillbilly Restaurant.[Tony & Kimberly Paglia, 08/27/2002]
Thanks, forgot about that strange apparition. Has no connection with the current establishment, from what we could discern. We saw it in 1999, on our way from the Dopey Utopia ruins of Monte Ne to Dinosaur World in Beaver, AR. June 2005 - The bunny is reported gone, the Hillbilly Restaurant is still in operation.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Thorncrown Chapel, Eureka Springs, AR - 9 mi.
- Home of the White-Gray Squirrels, Cassville, MO - 13 mi.
- Pivot Rock and Natural Bridge, Eureka Springs, AR - 9 mi.
- In the region: Bluff Dwellers Cavern: Move 20 Ton Rock with 2 Fingers, Noel, MO - 33 mi.