Hebron, Nebraska: World's (2nd?) Largest Porch SwingSuspended from a giant crop irrigator pole. Reportedly seats 24. Squeaks. Not on a porch, which seems wrong. 2012: Bested by a larger porch in Canada.
- Jefferson Ave., Hebron, NE
- Take US Hwy 81 to the outskirts of town and turn west onto Lincoln Ave. Drive into town and turn left onto 5th St., then right onto Jefferson Ave. The swing will be on the right, in Roosevelt Park.
Visitor Tips and News About World's (2nd?) Largest Porch Swing
As described, the World's Longest Porch Swing is indeed long. On the day we visited, there were a couple of toddlers playing in the local park under shade trees. Nice quiet place.
We needed the panoramic feature on our camera to get the whole thing in and still recognize the people as something other than ants. Sturdy.
Just follow the signs - Hebron's not that big. Once in town, there are directional signs pointing the way towards different things.[Harriet, 03/24/2007]
Its a huge long porch swing in a park -- seats 25.[Anon., 08/18/2002]
Hebron promotes the porch swing as able to support 16 adults or 24 children. It's not on a porch, if it ever was -- it's in a park, supported by a field irrigator pipe in a swing set-style framework.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Boyer Museum of Animated Carvings, Belleville, KS - 23 mi.
- High Banks Hall of Fame and National Midget Auto Racing Museum, Belleville, KS - 23 mi.
- Guard Tower From a Nazi POW Camp, Concordia, KS - 38 mi.
- In the region: Edgerton Explorit Center: Strobe Alley, Aurora, NE - 52 mi.