Frisco, North Carolina: Outer Banks UFO HouseA shiny silver "Futuro" house -- about as way, way out as you can get and still be on dry land. The portable, prefabricated home design from 1968 is by Finnish architect Matti Suuronen.
- Hwy. 12, Frisco, NC
- Hwy 12 around 52 miles south of the intersection of US 64/264 (Whalebone). Roughly midway between the towns of Buxton and Hatteras in Frisco, on the south side.
Visitor Tips and News About Outer Banks UFO House
The Outer Banks UFO House, off State Hwy 12.[Alex Kline, 06/12/2014]
This unique dwelling is tattered and in need of restoration to its former Futuro House glory.
Not looking very good at all. The hole in its side is getting bigger. Musty and moldy-smelly inside. Looking pretty ragged.[Julie Whitley, 06/10/2014]
This saucer is looking bad. The paint is faded and chipped. There is a large hole on the side. It looks like someone was living in it. On its last leg, we think.[Dave Worley, 11/23/2013]
This UFO must have moved, for now it is on the south side of NC Highway 12. Various aliens stare at you from the windows. There is even a matching small boat next to the UFO, which brings up the question: why would aliens with advanced space travel technology need a dinghy?[Frank Abbott, 08/01/2008]
My family and I saw this round, silver, alien ship next to a junkyard, while on a vacation to the Outer Banks in NC. About the size of a tow-able camper, it has several port-holes/windows with different alien faces and figures in each window. You can't see inside of it because the windows are blocked with black curtains.[Nancy, 06/26/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- British Cemetery on U.S. Soil #2, Buxton, NC - 4 mi.
- America's Tallest Lighthouse - Climb It, Buxton, NC - 5 mi.
- Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum, Hatteras, NC - 6 mi.
- In the region: Teach's Hole - Blackbeard Exhibit and Pyrate Specialty Shoppe, Ocracoke, NC - 23 mi.