Old Fort, North Carolina: Arrowhead MonumentThirty feet tall. Built to honor the Indians after they had pretty much all been kicked out of North Carolina.
- Main St., Old Fort, NC
- I-40 exit 73. Drive north into town. When you cross the railroad tracks the arrowhead will be on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Arrowhead Monument
Railroad museum is quaint and free. Arrowhead monument is interesting and photo-worthy.[Kylie, 10/14/2011]
30 foot tall granite arrowhead, dedicated in 1930 to honor peace between the pioneers and the Native Americans, apparently. Pretty neat.[The Irish Cowgirl, 07/15/2008]
The Giant Arrowhead is next to the Railroad station in Old Fort.[Les Parker, 08/10/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Andrews Geyser, Old Fort, NC - 4 mi.
- Chimney Rock, Chimney Rock, NC - 14 mi.
- Pose with the Original Carolina Hillbilly, Edneyville, NC - 14 mi.
- Biltmore Estate - World's Largest Privately Owned Home, Asheville, NC - 21 mi.