St. Louis, Missouri: Giant DinosaurThe dinosaur in the St. Louis Science Center is good, but the radar guns are even better.
St. Louis Science Center
- 5050 Oakland Ave., St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis Science Center. I-64 exit 36A. Drive south on Kingshighway Blvd, then make a quick right onto Oakland Ave. The Science Center will be on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Dinosaur
In St. Louis in and near Forest Park, visitors can tour the St. Louis Science Center, which incorporates the older Mc. Donnell Planetarium. Inside the Science Center, one can find a giant dinosaur which roars and bends down as if about to scoop up its prey (presumably the tourist staring on in awe.) Also, the enclosed span across I-64, which connects the two parts of the museum, has thick glass windows in its floor which you can look through to view cars passing below. There are also radar guns which can be used to clock the speed of cars coming from either direction.[Don Fraysier, 07/16/1999]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Monkey Man, St. Louis, MO - 1 mi.
- Demo Man, St. Louis, MO - 1 mi.
- Giant Concrete Turtle Park, St. Louis, MO - 1 mi.
- Museum of Transportation: Bobby Darin's Car of the Future, St. Louis, MO - 11 mi.