St. Louis, Missouri: Giant Dinosaur
The dinosaur in the St. Louis Science Center is good, but the radar guns are even better.
St. Louis Science Center
- 5050 Oakland Ave., St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis Science Center. I-64 exit 36A. Drive south on Kingshighway Blvd, then make a quick right onto Oakland Ave. The Science Center will be on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Dinosaur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In St. Louis in and near Forest Park, visitors can tour the St. Louis Science Center, which incorporates the older Mc. Donnell Planetarium. Inside the Science Center, one can find a giant dinosaur which roars and bends down as if about to scoop up its prey (presumably the tourist staring on in awe.) Also, the enclosed span across I-64, which connects the two parts of the museum, has thick glass windows in its floor which you can look through to view cars passing below. There are also radar guns which can be used to clock the speed of cars coming from either direction.
[Don Fraysier, 07/16/1999]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 19, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Branson, Missouri
- Glass Labyrinth - Outdoor Maze of Glass, Kansas City, Missouri
- Longest Footbridge for Trainspotters, Springfield, Missouri
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Gigantic Paper Cup, Springfield, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Two-headed Calf, Boise, Idaho
- Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons, Anniston, Alabama
- Large Bull, Franklin, Kentucky
- World's Largest Cowboy Boots, San Antonio, Texas
- Gracie the Shark, Charleston, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips