Horace, North Dakota: North Dakota's Champion Tree
In a state with lots of treeless parts, Uncle John's Giant Cottonwood is North Dakota's Champion Tree.
- 81st St. S, Horace, ND
- I-29 exit 56 or I-94 exit 346A into town. Once in Horace, turn west onto Wall Ave./45th St. SE. After about one mile, turn south onto the road just before the canal. (The road after the canal is 81st St. S). Follow about one-half mile to the end.
Uncle John's Giant Cottonwood Tree - North Dakota's Champion Tree
Visitor Tips and News About North Dakota's Champion Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This stately giant cottonwood stands almost 100 ft tall and is located in a remote section just outside of Horace (about 15 miles south/west of Fargo). The tree is surrounded by a small grassy park as well as a monument to the Sheyenne River Flood Control Project. Many locals don't even know of this champion tree's existence.
[T. Liobis, 07/21/2003]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 19, 2013
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Peggy Lee Museum, Wimbledon, North Dakota
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Giant Lewis & Clark and Sacajawea Figures, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Lone Bank Vault - History, Silva, North Dakota
- North Dakota's Worst Rail Disaster, Michigan, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Dairy Store, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Big Chairs, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- Graceland Too, Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Apple Boy, High Rolls - Mountain Park, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips