Bayonne, New Jersey: Giant 9/11 Teardrop MemorialAt the end of a Bayonne pier, a 100-foot-tall bronze slab appears ripped open to reveal a giant teardrop. Jersey City didn't want this monument, but it works for Bayonne.
- Port Terminal Blvd, Bayonne, NJ
- I-78/New Jersey Turnpike Newark Bay Extension. Take the Ave. E exit. Drive south to 32nd St. and turn left, then turn left at the light onto Hwy 440/169, then right onto Port Terminal Blvd. Drive all the way to the end of the pier to the sculpture.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Giant 9/11 Teardrop Memorial
Stands 100 feet tall with a 40 foot teardrop inside a torn tower. It is an awesome memorial, especially when viewed on the backdrop of Manhattan. Also known as the "Memorial To The Struggle Against World Terrorism."[Steve McNeil, 06/16/2012]
Some art tastemakers have lambasted this public memorial, and we might not pay attention to it if it was only five feet tall. But a hundred feet tall? It's a winner.
A 100-ft. tall bronze slab, appearing as if torn open to reveal a giant teardrop, stands at the site of Bayonne, New Jersey's old Military Ocean Terminal, across the river from downtown Manhattan.... [03/13/2005] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Museum to the Italian Who Italians Believe Invented the Telephone, Staten Island, NY - 3 mi.
- Techno Echo - Shout in the Megaphone, Jersey City, NJ - 3 mi.
- Ye Nautical Garage, Brooklyn, NY - 3 mi.
- Yiddish Walk of Fame, New York, NY - 6 mi.