Darlington, South Carolina: Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum
Open since 1965. Exhibits include a mounted fish; somebody's shorts; a case filled with illegal parts confiscated from race cars; and Darrell Waltrip's 1991 car, torn to pieces in a wreck, the most popular item in the museum.
Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum
- 1305 Harry Byrd Hwy., Darlington, SC
- I-95 to US 52 (Lucas St.), head west following US 52/Governor Williams Hwy. Left on Hwy 151 (Hartsville Hwy). The Museum and Raceway is on the left.
- M-F 10 am - 5 pm; Sa to 4 pm. (Call to verify)
National Stock Car Hall of Fame - Rockfish, Bermuda Shorts
Visitor Tips and News About Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Just off I-95, we stopped at the National Stock Car Museum and Hall of Fame at Darlington Raceway. The museum bills itself as having the largest collection of race cars in the world. There are lots of race cars there, plus videos of famous races. If you go when NASCAR is not hosting a race, as we did, you can step onto the race track. The museum includes one racer's Bermuda shorts and a mounted 55-pound rockfish caught by driver Tiny Lund in 1963.
[Allison Salerno, 06/01/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
South Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- T.A.R.D.I.S., York, South Carolina
- Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, South Carolina
- South of the Border, Dillon, South Carolina
- Pink and Grey Elephants, Hardeeville, South Carolina
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum, Greenville, South Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Liquor Store Indian, Mandan, North Dakota
- Muensterberg Plaza and Clock Tower, Berne, Indiana
- Twist O' The Mist, Niagara Falls, New York
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Animatronic Swamp Puppet Show, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips