Bowman, South Carolina: UFO Welcome Center
- 4004 Homestead Rd, Bowman, SC
- Jody almost never answers his phone, or returns messages, but he's usually around from 10 AM to noon during the summer months. Look for his spotted pickup truck, then walk around to the trailer back door and knock politely. I-95 exit 82. Drive west nine miles into Bowman. At the Family Dollar and gas station turn right onto Homestead Rd, UFO ahead on left.
- Call ahead. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Jody Pendarvis has spent years building a huge double-decker wooden flying saucer beside his trailer. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [07/25/2010]
Visitor Tips and News About UFO Welcome Center
I would say the Center has seen better days, but maybe not. We stumbled across it when avoiding traffic on I-26.[Scot Campbell, 05/30/2013]
That's pretty much how it usually looks.
Very sketchy area. Worth the stop and laugh.[Lisa B and John S, 01/01/2013]
We made sure to stop by today to see the progress made on the ship. The elements have taken their toll in the Welcome Center, but we were greeted by Jody with a friendly honk as he departed in the colorful truck. We went into convenience store next door to find souvenirs, but no luck. Not to be disappointed, we made our own: tin foil hats. We posed as you can see.[Drumbabe, 05/29/2012]
We just stopped by, and it looks like it is in slightly better shape than it had been. Dirt parking lot of store next door affords viewing from a safe distance. Look for his colorful hand (spray) painted truck in back. He's definitely an individual![Kitsa, 05/22/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Teapot Museum in Big Teapot, Elloree, SC - 14 mi.
- Animatronic Mr. Snider and Stuffed Mule, Elloree, SC - 14 mi.
- Slave Relics Museum, Walterboro, SC - 31 mi.
- In the region: Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, SC - 49 mi.