Columbia, South Carolina: Monument to Hootie and the BlowfishSculpture honoring musical group that emerged from the Five Points bar scene in 1990s Columbia.
- Santee Ave., Columbia, SC
- Southeast side of the city, at the Five Points intersection. Five blocks south of US 378/Gervais St., on the southwest corner of Harden St. and Santee Ave.
Monument to Hootie and the Blowfish: Flashback to the mid-1990s. Grunge music was in the air, unsettling the young. America needed a soothing aural balm, and a band out of Columbia, South Carolina provided it. [10/23/2010] Complete Story...
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Cancer Survivor's Plaza, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.
- Car Wash Tribute to Happy the Tiger, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.
- Strom Thurmond's Modified Monument, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.
- Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.