Effie, Minnesota: Homemade Mosquito Statue
Six feet long, which is only slightly larger than a typical Minnesota mosquito, and stuck on a pole.
- Hwy 38, Effie, MN
- On the southwest corner of the intersection of Hwy 38 and Hwy 1. Look close or you may miss it.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Homemade Mosquito Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The homemade mosquito statue in Effie has been fixed up and placed high in the air on a pedestal, near the bucking bronco statue. [Highway Highlights, 08/13/2014]
This is a very small town in northern MN, about an hour north of Grand Rapids. The 6-foot-long metal statue is located at the "major" intersection of town, next to the "Welcome to Effie" sign. I saw it 3 years ago while I was on a family road trip to see the Northstar Stampede Rodeo, which is run by a distant relative of ours. I don't know the story behind the statue, but I thought it was a funny photo op.
[Sarah Szymanski, 09/02/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 2, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Abandoned Insane Asylum, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Hot Sam's Shark and Guitar, Lakeville, Minnesota
- Sprout, Jolly Green Giant's Bud, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Famous Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth, Minnesota
- The Minnehaha Bunny, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Santa Claus Museum, Columbus, Texas
- Pizza Man, Smyrna, Tennessee
- Gambrinus, King of Beer, Columbus, Ohio
- Monnig Meteorite Gallery, Fort Worth, Texas
- Duncan Hines Exhibit, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips