Wickenburg, Arizona: Jail Tree
Where Wickenburg chained criminals in the days before it had a prison. Or, apparently, bad guys with saws.
- US Hwy 60, Wickenburg, AZ
- Northeast corner of US 93 and US 60. Next to the Circle K convenience store/gas station.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Jail Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Still well maintained. Has a recording explaining the history. Very cute town. [Mj, 10/18/2014]
Try the Jail Tree. At one time criminals were chained to a tree in Wickenburg, Arizona about 50 miles NW of Phoenix. This tree is a local landmark. Also check the Hassayampa River which dissects Wickenburg, Arizona. This river according to legend runs upside down (underground) and anyone who drinks from this river is doomed to never tell the truth again. The Hassayampa River Bridge has a sign warning you not to "fish from the bridge" into the dry riverbed.
[Helmut Zeller, 06/06/1999]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 22, 2014
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Kokopelli, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Winged Cow, Teepee, Boat, Tucson, Arizona
- Jail Tree, Wickenburg, Arizona
- Arizona Last Stop, White Hills, Arizona
- Wild Bill - 2.9 Million Year Old Alligator, Holbrook, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Beatles/Classic Rock Ice Cream Shoppe, Pacific Grove, California
- Metrobot, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House, Hapeville, Georgia
- Right-Wing Uncle Sam Billboard, Chehalis, Washington
- National D-Day Memorial, Bedford, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips