Wickenburg, Arizona: Jail Tree
Where Wickenburg chained criminals in the days before it had a prison. Or, apparently, bad guys with saws.
- US Hwy 60, Wickenburg, AZ
- Northeast corner of US 93 and US 60. Next to the Circle K convenience store/gas station.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Jail Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Still well maintained. Has a recording explaining the history. Very cute town. [Mj, 10/18/2014]
Try the Jail Tree. At one time criminals were chained to a tree in Wickenburg, Arizona about 50 miles NW of Phoenix. This tree is a local landmark. Also check the Hassayampa River which dissects Wickenburg, Arizona. This river according to legend runs upside down (underground) and anyone who drinks from this river is doomed to never tell the truth again. The Hassayampa River Bridge has a sign warning you not to "fish from the bridge" into the dry riverbed.
[Helmut Zeller, 06/06/1999]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 28, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Kitt Peak Observatory, Sells, Arizona
- Navajo Code Talkers Exhibit at Burger King, Kayenta, Arizona
- Dinosaur Tracks, Moen-avi, Arizona
- Miners Memorial with Skeleton Miners, Mammoth, Arizona
- Two Guns - Route 66 Attractions In Ruins, Two Guns, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips