Fort Sill, Oklahoma: Atomic CannonThe only gun designed to hurl a nuclear shell at an enemy. On display outdoors at Fort Sill.
U.S. Army Field Artillery and Fort Sill Museum
- 437 Quanah Rd, Fort Sill, OK
- U.S. Army Field Artillery and Fort Sill Museum. Displayed outdoors. I-44 exit 41 (Key Gate). West on Sheridan Road, then immediate right on Randolph Rd. Drive one-half mile. The cannon is on the left, just past the museum, at the corner of Randolph and Geronimo Rds.
Visitor Tips and News About Atomic Cannon
Atomic Annie is just one of the many large caliber weapons, some dating back to the Civil War, which are on display inside Fort Sill.[Joe Boulter, 10/13/2007]
One of several Cold War-era atomic cannons on display around the nation.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- U.S. Army Field Artillery Museum - Mule Gun, Fort Sill, OK - < 1 mi.
- Geronimo's Grave, Fort Sill, OK - 2 mi.
- 24-hr. Prayer Teepee, Apache, OK - 15 mi.
- In the region: General Tommy Franks Leadership Institute and Museum, Hobart, OK - 47 mi.