Owensboro, Kentucky: Statue of Gabe
Who is Gabe? Gabe Fiorella, of the defunct Gabe's Tower Inn. With his blue shoes, corpse-like complexion, and grimacing smile, his statue is a one-of-a-kind.
Burlew Blvd Mini-Storage
- 1400 Burlew Blvd, Owensboro, KY
- On the south side of Burlew Blvd, facing the road in front of Burlew Blvd Mini-Storage, between New Hartford and Old Hartford Rds.
- Especially unsettling at night.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Statue of Gabe
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Gabe
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Decades ago, the statue of Gabe Fiorella was located in front of Gabe's Tower Inn. I recently asked a friend in town about what happened to the statue. Well, he took me right to it! It still stands in the back of a storage area on Burlew Blvd. His jacket is blue, but I remember that it used to be red. I had not seen the statue in decades.
Gabe is behind a fence in the back of a storage facility, but you can easily see him from the road.
Large Man Statue
This wasn't a muffler man, but a giant man statue on Gabe's Tower, Triplett St. in Owenbsoro, Ky. He was in a suit. Gabe's Tower was Gabe's Tower Motor Inn -- at 13 stories the tallest Kentucky building west of Louisville at the time of its construction. In recent years the statue was moved from the property. I last saw it in a field off the Bypass for HWY 60 around the city. I'm not sure if it's still there or not.
[Sally Brannen, 11/11/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 10, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Wigwam Village Motel #2, Cave City, Kentucky
- The Great American Dollhouse Museum, Danville, Kentucky
- Feature: Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History, Bardstown, Kentucky
- House Made of Coal, Middlesboro, Kentucky
- Giant Bourbon Bottle Pouring Into A Glass, Louisville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips