Louisville, Kentucky Attractions
Unusual landmarks, museums, roadside attractions, and hidden wonders in Louisville and the surrounding area. Colonel Sanders' grave, a giant Louisville Slugger baseball bat (and rival vampire bat), and a "mega cavern" that was reserved for VIPs in case the Commies dropped The Bomb at our Bourbon distilleries.
Jesse James was here, and he carved his name into a pane of glass to prove it.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
A yard and house packed with big, odd items. Impressive; not a typical hoard. Jerry Lotz has a good eye for the crazy.
Take a jeep tram tour of a former mine and secret nuclear survival bunker.
Trace the storied past of whiskey making, see George Washington's still and Abe Lincoln's liquor license.
Points skyward in front of the Louisville Slugger Museum. Also here, the Louisville Slugger factory tour; see how normal-size baseball bats are made.
Within sight of the other World's Largest Bat hangs a huge, black, sleeping bat on the side of a costume and party supply store.
In and Around Louisville
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Kentucky attractions.
- Louisville: Louisville Mega Cavern
- Louisville: Jerry's Junk
- Bardstown: Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
- Louisville: Five-Story Tall Whisky Bottle, Ghostly Holograms [tips]
- Louisville: Pose With Wax Colonel Sanders
- Louisville: Louisville Slugger Walk of Fame [tips]
- Louisville: 30-Foot-Tall Gold Statue of David [tips]
- Louisville: Handprints of Famous Jockeys [tips]
- Louisville: World's Largest Bat
- Louisville: Geronimo's Bow and Custer's Pistol [tips]
- Louisville: Birthplace of "Happy Birthday to You"
- Louisville: World's Largest Bat - The Vampire Kind
- Clarksville: Colgate Clock - 2nd Largest Timepiece in the World [tips]
- Louisville: Triceratops from NY World's Fair
- Louisville: World's Largest Bottle of Booze [tips]
- Louisville: Heigold Facade [tips]
- Louisville: Largest Clasping Stone Hands [tips]
- Louisville: Hunter S. Thompson Mural [tips]
- Louisville: Jesus is My Swingset
- Jeffersonville: Woman Made of Hubcaps: Your Mother [tips]
- Louisville: Grave of the Frito-Lay Magician [tips]